Thursday, December 18, 2008

Marathon Finished

It seems like every year as I work on my Christmas projects that I have one that is a big one.
One project that is huge to me. Whether it is actually a big project or just emotionally big to me.
This year I started in October and I can now present the Big Project:

Here it is! My Mother-in-law's new (soon-to-be) afghan. My own personal marathon.
It's called Musical Interlude from one of the Mile-a-Minute books (I can't remember which) It's crocheted and I've been working on it at my crochet nights every week.

Here's a close up of one of the strips. It's crocheted in strips and then the strips are attached together. It isn't huge but it's a nice size for a lap blanket when you are sitting in the living room. It isn't any special yarn. (Just Bernat acrylic yarn) so I won't do the normal specs for it.

Things are continuing along and I'm still hoping I'll be done by Christmas. I will have to work hard to get done but I think I can do it.

No comments: