Tuesday, December 30, 2008


Do you ever feel like your expectations are too high?
I sometimes do. Not about major things like how much money we have (I would be constantly disappointed) but about little things.

Like, we got home on Sunday evening. Hubby had to work at 7:00 am on Monday morning so I expected him to go to sleep. He didn't. He played on the computer until 1:30 am. His own fault, I don't feel bad for him. (Much.)

Me personally, I was overtired and not feeling well on Sunday night so I went to bed early (for me) at 10:00 pm. I expected that I would get a little extra sleep and feel infinitely better. My body decided that it was somehow "done" sleeping at I woke up at 3:30 am. For no reason at all. I was up the rest of the morning although I did lie down for a bit later because I was so tired. I honestly think this was because for the last few weeks I have been going to bed late and getting up not late so I could get more knitting/baking time in that my body got used to that amount of sleep and thought something was wrong that I was letting it get more.

I expected therefore that I would get a better night's sleep last night. Some idiot called our house at 2:30 am. Me, thinking that it might be an issue with a family member, fly out of bed and across the room to the telephone. Even though I don't recognized the number on the caller ID, I answer it. It was a wrong number.

Let me reiterate that. A wrong number. At 2:30 am that got me up out of my cozy, warm bed. Thinking that it was an elderly grandparent in the hospital or something. Yeah. Not happy to say the least. I crawled, bleary-eyed back into bed and waited for my heart to stop pounding from the scared thoughts running through my head when I thought it was an emergency. Just as I was ABOUT to fall back asleep, it rang again. I wisely ignored it. This morning I checked and it had been the same number calling back. Dummy!!! I normally am very kind and understanding of wrong numbers but this one was at 2:30 am and I got up for it and then they called back almost a half an hour later, just when I was falling asleep again.

My stepsister gets married in 14 days. It's just a small ceremony at the courthouse but we are going anyway. She texted my mom today to say she is expecting. Yes, that's right, another new niece or nephew for me to spoil! Yay!! I'm not all that surprised. Honestly, she had been talking about having more children and said she wanted to be married first. Not really a very nice way to tell the parents though.

I was expecting to be warned that my crochet night would be cancelled. I even emailed the lady that runs the classes and organized us teachers to make sure. No answer, so I drove all the way across town in the snow to find that the store is closing at 6:00 pm due to the weather. It's been that kind of day.

A scrub the toilet kind of day. *sigh* Oh well, off to find something safe to do while I wait for it to no longer be today.

No comments: