Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wishing For Spring

Long about this time of year, I start to get really sick of winter. As in, I start thinking of moving somewhere like Hawaii where it doesn't get cold in the winter.

I don't mind it at first. I love the first snowfall and I love to have snow at Christmas but right now is just a waiting game. Waiting for the earth to start waking up again and turning green.

Right now we are having some lovely grey weather too. That certainly doesn't help and we still have the whole month of March to go. I need something that's cheery and that makes me think of spring and gardens and the sun shining to get me through.

Since I finished my Sheri's Lace Socks the other day, I can start something new right?

Enter some Cascade Fixation yarn that I've had lounging around in the stash for awhile and you get this:

The start of a Kew sock. I am already at the heel flap after just 3 evenings of knitting while watching TV. The pattern is interesting but I don't find that I've memorized it or anything and it's a lovely green.

So I can think of spring. I wasn't sure about how the colors are stacking up. The medium green alone for a few rows and then the darkest and lightest in rows for a bit but I think it looks okay.

So, come on Spring. I'm ready.

P.S. I'm almost done with those Green Lantern Socks that have been hanging around forever.

1 comment:

Kasha's Knits said...

ooh, I kind of like how each leaf has a few stripes, neat!