Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slacking

I feel like I'm totally slacking in the blog content lately. (Probably because I have been.)

I have actually been knitting, I promise. Check it out!

This is just some hideously colored acrylic I had lying around that is a plain old garter stitch square. It will eventually go to the animal shelter as a donation. At least its cheerful.

Then there's this:

This is some gorgeous Lamb's Pride Worsted weight that was on sale recently and I got it to knit a one-row handspun scarf. I've knit the pattern before and I like it and it's easy. I thought it might be for me but I may change my mind later.

I've been knitting along on my socks too but as I have so many on the go right now, I haven't really gotten to a noticeable place on any of them and I thought you might all track me down and beat me with my own camera cord if day after day I post pictures of socks that look EXACTLY the same as the day before.

It probably doesn't help that I have been working on getting into art journalling too. I so miss having art be a part of my life and I think that would be a wonderful creative/emotional outlet for me. I feel so unworthy of all the beautiful art journal pages I see online though. Someday, I may share something truly personal but for now, the best I can do is this:

Last month while we were at my parents I was flipping through one of their Bird & Blooms magazines and found this beautiful close-up of a rose and it just spoke to me so I sat down with my pencils (that I currently make myself take EVERYWHERE so when inspiration strikes I can feed it.) and I totally zoned out for about and hour and drew this sketch. I love that total zone-out while drawing or thinking or whatever.

Well, I'm gonna go knit some more. Maybe I'll have something interesting to show tomorrow.

No comments: