Monday, February 02, 2009

How did this happen?

I took my Monkey socks with me to our friend's house on Saturday night. It was fun to sit and finish them off (all they needed was part of a toe.) and they were done well before midnight and the start of the Sock Marathon.

I waited until I got home to do their "photo shoot" so here we go:

The Specs:
The Pattern: Monkey by the amazingly talented Cookie A.
The Needles: US Size 2 (2.75mm) bamboo dpns.
The Yarn: SRK On Your Toes 4 Ply Sock Yarn with Aloe Vera in the romantically named color ON223600
The Size: These are about a Ladies Size 8.
The Recipient: These are Mine, All Mine.
Notes: This is the first pair of socks I have finished since Christmas. I love them. I did modify just a tiny bit.
Modifications:
1. 2x2 ribbing on the top for 15 rounds (about 1.5") instead of 1x1 ribbing for 1"
2. 5 Pattern repeats before heel flap instead of 6 (the foot also has 5 so it makes it more even in my opinion.)
3. Short row heel turn done with a few more stitches in the center. As written it just seemed too pointy to me.

I love, love, love them though and even though this is the 3rd time I have knit them in 2 months. I still love the pattern and could totally see myself casting on for some more very, very soon. Like, maybe this afternoon.

What was that? We need a closeup? Here you go.


In other news. I sat knitting my husband's green socks that will eventually be Green Lantern Socks (while rereading old blog entries. Other people's not my own.) and suddenly, I was at the toe. Now I just have to knit the toe, wash and block them and duplicate stitch the Green Lantern Symbol on them. I was shocked. I thought these would go on forever. (Note: Never knit men's size 13 socks on size 1s. Okay?! Good.) Now I am almost done. Very weird.

It had to happen sometime. I was requested to knit a Dr. Who scarf from a friend of mine. I said, um, yeah, if there's no time limit. (He will buy the yarn so I don't have to worry about that.)

No comments: