Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tuesday's Crochet Fodder

As the Crochet Instructor over at Crafts Direct, I try to spend my Tuesdays (the day where we have Open Crochet Night in the evening.) doing something crochet-related. This doesn't always work out and often, I don't get to crochet until I head over there for the crochet night but today, I thought I'd mention what I'm working on.
A lovely lady that works at Crafts Direct brought to my attention a magazine about a month or so ago. Crochet World. I've linked to their website but what they have pictured is not what I had in mind. I have this issue:

February 2009.

You will note the interesting blanket on the cover. It's called the Sweetheart Ripple and I like the pattern a lot. Here's why. It's like a regular ripple stitch afghan only on one row it has an unusual stitch. That's what makes the "heart" shapes, as well as a sort of dot shape too. I'm not thrilled with the cutesy color so I chose something different for mine.

Here's the back:

See how it's a normal ripple?

Now, here's the front:

(I have no idea why it is sideways and I can't figure out how to fix it. Sorry.)

Want to see it closer? Okay:

See the hearts and the dots? Well, I do. I think it's really interesting and very nice.
I'm using Lion Brand Jiffy Yarn which is a little bit thicker than called for so I went up to a size K (6.5mm) crochet hook.
I had originally planned to give this to a cousin who is having a baby but I changed my mind and started something else for her. I don't know what I will do with this but I like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I have been knitting for years but I can't get the crocheting down. I'm still trying. I adore this pattern, so so sweet!