Monday, February 09, 2009

Sheri's Lace

I have officially finished the first pair of socks for the Lime & Violet Sock Marathon 2009.
This yarn is some alpaca that a friend got from a co-worker. When I got it, it looked like this:


Now, it looks like this:

The Specs:
The Pattern: Sheri's Lace Socks from Sockbug
The Yarn: Alpaca Fingering Weight. Dyed pink and overdyed sort of raspberry by me, using food coloring and Easter Egg dye.
The Needles: US Size 2 (2.75mm) Bamboo dpns.
The Size: Knit to Ladies size Largish Medium.
The Recipient: Jamie.
Notes: I've had this pattern in the queue for quite a while and I'm glad I got to knit it. I made them toe-up as opposed to top-down as the pattern states to utilize the yarn to its full advantage. The deal with Jamie was that I would knit her socks from one skein and I would get to keep the other skein. Hah! One is mine, all mine. I have no plans for it currently. I knit a short row heel and two pattern repeats after the heel followed by about 1 inch of 2x2 ribbing. They will make a lovely addition to Jamie's sock wardrobe.

One more gratuitous sock picture? Okay, a close-up that got a tiny bit fuzzy.

Good thing they are too big for me or I would be wearing them right now!

Ahh, the thrill of victory. Off to knit now.

No comments: