Monday, January 05, 2009

Melancholy

Today (well, and yesterday) are kind of melancholy for me.

Hubby was off work for 5 whole days and I knew I'd be ready for him to go back to work by the end (please don't remind me that in 30 years or so he will retire. I will cry, seriously.)
It happened just as I thought. By last night I could have made him go sleep in the car. I didn't but I kinda felt like it. Just too much close quarters.

Then, today hubby went back to work and here I sit. Missing him. It's so strange. He drove me CRAZY yesterday. Bugged the heck out of me and now it feels weird that he's not just in the other room listening to his new ipod or watching TV. It's too quiet.

Yesterday hubby's friend from work and wife came into town and we went out to eat and to see a movie. We saw Marley and Me. I would like to say that I heard somewhere. A commercial or something that while this seems like a simple famiy movie about a man and his dog that it is really a story for anyone who has ever given their heart to a dog. (I don't remember where I heard that, a commercial I think.)

I couldn't agree more. I haven't really talked about our love of movies here but honestly, we love the movies! We could only rival that with our love of books and we own more movies (and books) than is probably healthy but given the fact that 2008 was kind of a hard year for my family in regard to pets, (1 & 2) this movie touched me in many ways. The ending made me cry for literally over an hour. I left the theater crying and didn't stop even when we got home. I still cry about it if I think about it too much. (I'm kind of a sap that way though.)

I have a list as long as my arm of things I'd like to get done today but I will probably just sit down and knit and have a nice long remember about my pets and cry. Then sun is shining and it's cold as anything outside but I'm just gonna take my day and then tomorrow, I will get up and get back to that to-do list.

No comments: