Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just Try Harder

I had thought that if I tried pretty hard that I could have something finished to show off today. How did it go?

This is the second of the Green Lantern socks. Not even to the Heel flap. In all honesty, I didn't really think there was a chance of these being done.

So what did I think I could finish?

My Monkey socks. These are for me and I want so badly to finish them. I'm on the gusset decreases and I'm plugging along although I'm having some pretty serious project ennui right now.

I finished my Versatility and since then, things have been a little weird. I swatched for Vivian and washed the swatch. I pretty much just let it dry then and have been waiting to measure it. I think I'm afraid that I won't be getting gauge and at that point, I will have to do some mondo math and probably knit another swatch. It scares me. I so badly want it to turn out that I can't stand it!

Well, you might be saying (oh, who am I kidding, you aren't being that nice to this slacking crafter.) what about Tuesdays being for Crochet?
This has been a very strange month for Tuesdays are for Crochet. One week the store closed early due to the weather so I missed Crochet night, then I went the following week and started something:

Pretty huh? I've been debating about the gauge I'm getting though. I think I'm going to rip it and go up a hook size or two. It isn't very big at least and no, I'm not going to tell you what it is yet, although I will tell you that it is Jiffy yarn. (I'm too lazy to go look at the label. I think it's from Lion Brand)

Then last week we were stuck at my parents because my poor old vehicle would not start in the ridiculously cold weather. So I missed Crochet night again. (So frustrating.)
Tonight, I'm all set although I thought I had all the crochet hook sizes I could ever want/need. I don't. I have only through size I then I have two P hooks. I need a K. Wouldn't you know it.
Guess what I'll be buying then.

No comments: