Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lofty Goals

Last night I stayed up late to finish my NaNoWriMo word goal for the day. Then I went to log onto the website and update it. That was when I noticed the little note posted there by Chris Baty, the head of the NaNo team. He had challenged everyone to get their word count to 15,000 words by Monday at bedtime. He was thinking that it was a good motivation and so he was urging people to set another goal for themselves, 20,000 words by bedtime tonight, Thursday. Last night I ended at 10,555 words but I want nothing more than to be caught up with everyone else. Then I won’t feel like I’m so far behind so today I’m setting a lofty goal. Tonight by bedtime I want to have my 20,000 words. That’s about 10,000 words in one day. That means there will be basically no knitting, no crafting and no anything else today. I just have to sit and write. So of course, after an hour what am I doing? Writing a blog entry instead of writing my novel. Of course. Hubby is off work today but there are enough leftovers in the house that I think I can safely declare it: Find your own food Thursday. Which is an idea inspired by the Yarn Harlot’s Find your own food Fridays.
Having decided that eating only chocolate all day as I guzzle coffee trying to find the next few sentences buried in my brain is probably not healthy, I’m going to go eat a banana and get back to the novel. Wish me luck.
P.S. Please don’t bring this up tomorrow when I’m at 15,000 words or something like that. Thanks.

No comments: