Monday, November 24, 2008

Drinking Coffee and Denial about Nanowrimo

Last week I sort of disappeared and I didn't even get a chance to tell you about our Knit Night at Caribou coffee. It was fun and I came away with some gorgeous stuff but we'll talk about that another time.
The reason I disappeared (and believe me, I had a good one) was because I headed down to my mom's house. While there, her dog decided to wake me up at 3:00 am and 4:00 am so he could go out. One of the kittens also decided to pose for me:
This is Ewok and how can you resist that face?!

The real reason I went to my mom's was so I could go to a baby shower for these guys:

Twin boys born to a cousin. Yeah, they're pretty cute. They are doing great too. They are 5 weeks old here and the guy on the left is almost 8 pounds and the guy on the right is 6 and a half. I could've spent all day snuggling them but that's the thing about a baby shower, you have to share.

After another busy weekend, we headed home and now I'm getting ready for this week.

This week is Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and so, the week is a little crazy and it hasn't even really started yet. Basically, it looks like this:
Sunday: Get home from the weekend, try to write on NanoWriMo.
Monday: Crochet 101 class tonight, try to write.
Tuesday: Open Crochet night tonight, try to write.
Wednesday: Try to write and finish up (notice I'm at like 25,000 words, yeah, I have a long way to go.) Hubby gets done with work at 1pm and we are going down to my parent's house to spend the night so everything at home has to get done before we leave.
Thursday: Thanksgiving Day, have a meal with my family and spend the day playing with my niece.
Friday: I'm not sure yet but it won't involve being at home.
Saturday: Gaming Convention in New London known as Carnage Con, spend the night at in-laws following this.
Sunday: My birthday and also the day we will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my in-laws. While this will be fun, I estimate that I will be about 12x more exhausted than I would like to be by then.

Somewhere in there I have to: Bake an apple pie to take along to in-laws, renew my license and tabs for my car because they expire on my birthday (Sunday) and finish my NaNo novel.
Yeah, I may be insane by Sunday night when I finally get home.

In actual knitting news:

The Sock-Ease Socks are done.
The specs:
The Pattern: Just the Basic Sock Recipe again, I like it because I can knit without looking so it's excellent for the dark or for TV watching.
The Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease in color 201, Rock Candy. This was my first time knitting with this yarn. It was inexpensive and they turned out quite nice. Not my favorite yarn but I would probably knit with it again.
The Needles: Bamboo, US size 2
The Size: Knit to Men's size 13.
The Recipient: My Step-brother Chris.
Notes: Since i hadn't knit with this before and I knew I would be knitting quite long socks I made the legs very short (only about 4" including ribbing) so I wouldn't run out of yarn. I had this much leftover.

Please excuse the crappy pictures, not only is it very grey and cloudy here today but I've drunk so much coffee while stressing out about my busy week that I'm a little shaky. The pictures from last week are more accurate color-wise.

I also started the first pair of DK weight Boot Socks.

They are knit on 4s and since I have never knit DK weight socks before, I guessed at the number to cast on but it looks pretty good.
So, where does all that leave me with my Christmas knitting? Well, it's 4 weeks to Christmas and I have approximately 8 pairs of socks left to knit, not to mention my other projects too. Yeah, I may not make it.

I may or may not have time to blog again this week, we'll see, if not, I'll see you all next week.

P.S. Does anyone know anything about Thrummed Mittens? I have a plan to knit some for myself once Christmas is done.

No comments: