Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Haul

I didn't even mention it but yesterday was Tuesday making it for Crochet. I'm not working on anything new though. I took my afghan and got another strip of it done. It's coming along (6 are finished and the pattern calls for 12 so I'm halfway) but it looks exactly the same so I won't bore you with pictures.
Yesterday I mentioned that I made a stopover at the Yarn store on my way into Willmar. I mostly got things for Christmas Knitting although there were a very few things to help me keep my sanity as I dredge through it. (I find it hard to think giving thoughts as you frantically try to figure out if you can somehow manage to fit all your normal life stuff in as well as finish your Christmas projects.) I may have somehow also accidentally picked up a couple of things last night at Crafts Direct too while I was there. This is pretty much what I got:

As you can see, there's quite a bit. I got the Interweave Knits Holiday gifts issue. and a whole bunch of sock yarn plus a couple of skeins of Patons Classic wool. This isn't even close to everything that I am knitting for Christmas but the green on the left isn't for Christmas. That's just for me. (ha ha! Selfish!) I picked up another set of Bamboo dpns in size 2 because mine seem to have a death wish lately and keep breaking at unfortunate moments.
Here's a question: Do you think that it helps to cast everything on? Then you can work on this or that or back and forth or do you think it's better to stick to just a few projects, that having too many on the needles when you're at a deadline is crazy-making? I might take advice although I'll probably still be crazy by Christmas Eve.
I got one pattern that I intend to get the yarn for later. I think it will be my reward project for when I'm done with all the Christmas stuff. Check it out here. (Scroll down, it's the Knit/Purl Bag) I'm not sure if I'll do it with the dowels, we'll see. So excited!

No comments: