Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Springing Forward, Despite the Snow Remaining

I'm getting so anxious for spring to finally arrive! I keep thinking it will show up and the massive amount of snow in our backyard is actually melting slowly away so I may actually get to see it at some point. Since I've been thinking so much about spring, I decided to knit something just for spring.
I had been looking at the Elphaba pattern for awhile. I finally decided to break it out and get some knit.

This is the finished product. They were super fast to knit and I whipped them out in 3 or 4 days (I'd have to go and look at a calendar to really figure it out) and I used some handspun that's been in my stash for a long time. It's one of the first things ever spun on my wheel and I never knew what to knit with it. I used the skein that was sitting there, it was about 75 yards and then navajo-plied the remaining singles and finished off the second mitt with them. Notice how the top of the second mitt doesn't stripe the same? I really don't mind, I still love them and now I can tell which is which. Now my hands will be ready for those almost-warm days if they ever arrive.

No comments: