Thursday, April 18, 2013

Askew Again

Since I can't sleep (what is up with that lately?) I thought I'd share some lovely socks I finished this week.

Aren't they pretty? I'm actually getting better at taking pictures of my own feet. It is a little awkward though.

You tend to get weird shadows if you're not paying attention.
These are the Skew socks knit from Vesper "April Showers Bring May Flowers" (this was a club colorway that I got from a destash) for the very informal Vesper KAL in the Vesper group.
I absolutely love the way this pattern looks in stripey yarn, the way the socks fit my feet and especially...

The crazy heel. They aren't something you can totally zone out and knit though so I will probably not knit this pattern again for May. I might actually convince myself to give it a rest for a bit. I have my May Vesper yarn picked out and I'm all ready to wind it up but I thought it would be smart to at least work on some other Unfinished Projects before I wind up the yarn and cast on.
I would also like to clear off some needles before I start a couple of larger projects I have planned. Today was a great day for that because we got another snow storm. It's really getting a little bit old at this point, I'm ready for some greenery, not 6+ inches of snow. Oh well, not much I can do about it but stay in and knit!

No comments: