Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Private Shame, now brought public

So, apparently, 'tis the time of year that all bloggers need to come out of the closet about how many works in progress are on the needles. At least I am in good company with this shame so here goes.
1.

What is it? It's a sweater for my niece's second birthday. Since the birthday is coming up in September, this needs to get finished or will not be gifted. The yarn: It's Baby Teri and kinda cute I just have pushed it aside for other things.
Like what you ask? Well, like this:
2.
What is it? It's a Fiber Trends Felted Clog. It's meant for my mother-in-law for Christmas so it is ahead of schedule, but since I intend to knit several more for the other family members on my husband's side and possibly some for my side of the family, I need to get going on this.
The yarn: Lion wool, it's not bad. I like the colors and I think it will look nice felted, I've just gotten addicted to knitting lace and this is the opposite of knitting lace. As it's knitted on size 13 needles.

3. The aforementioned lace:
What is it? The Mystery Stole 3. I am severely behind on this because I haven't been knitting it for weeks and now all the clues are out and I haven't even finished clue 3. Yikes, this needs help. I do want to finish it. I love being a part of a community knitting it all together and I love the yarn and the beading, it just requires some concentration, which I'm not always the best at.

4. (No picture available)
This is the main thing I have been knitting. It's pink and for a friend who just had a baby. It's not huge so I need to hurry up and finish it before the baby outgrows it. I can't post a pic since she might stop by here. I promise pictures when it's done.

5.
What is it? It's a funky knit-the-long-way scarf and hat of my own design. It's very strange and kinda cool, it's just been too hot for me to knit anything big like this. Plus, when it's over 90 degrees fahrenhiet who wants to think about winter?

6.
What is it? The picture is awful, I know. It's actually a toe-up white ribbed sock. I just started it the other day because I needed something to knit at the movies. I only plan to knit this when I leave the house. It's a good take-along, mindless knitting project. The yarn: it's just a baby acrylic that I thought would be nice for a tight-knit sock. We'll see how it turns out.

7. (Okay, this is getting embarrassing.)
What is it? Diamond Pattern socks of my own design. The pattern is modified from the Knitting Pattern calendar. I like them, but you have to pay attention to what you're doing so it doesn't make great take-along knitting. The yarn is Sockotta. It's very pretty and I think the socks will be really neat when finished. These are low on the priority list.

8. This is the last thing, I promise. And technically, I don't know if it should be considered unfinished.
The knitting part of this is done. It's my yellow Tesoro Sweater. I love it. So much that even though it hasn't been blocked and doesn't have buttons yet, the other day, I wore it anyway when I was cold. I want to finish it but I want to block it once the buttons are on and I haven't found just the right button yet. I just feel like they should speak to me and I haven't found any that have. The color of this picture does not do it justice. It's the most beautiful yellow you have ever seen. It's almost the same shade as a yellow post-it note and so soft, I want to melt into it.
Well, time to prioritize and figure out what needs to get finished.

No comments: