Thursday, August 08, 2013

Quicksand

I finished my test-knit well in time for the deadline. I really love how it turned out but I think I should have knit it on larger needles to make it bigger. It's about 13" deep and I like it but I wanted it to be big and cozy and it's not quite there. I love it anyway.

It's knit from some handspun Merino from Gritty Knits Merino-of-the-month. I had one braid and purchased a braid from a friend when she didn't love the colors. They really aren't my colors either but it was just so compelling, I couldn't resist! I spun both four-ounce braids into a lovely squishy two-ply fingering weight. I had about 530 yards and this pattern didn't take the whole 8 ounces so I may pull out the edging and knit it larger. I haven't decided yet.
I definitely recommend looking for this pattern soon though, it's wonderful and a quick, easy and customizable knit! It will be up on the Simple Knits design page soon!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a whole lot of knitting though, have a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder area. Mostly I've been medicating and sitting propped up with pillows so I don't move and it doesn't hurt. Not very realistic for life though. Hopefully with a trip to the Chiropractor, I will be back and moving (and knittng) soon!
P.S. Remember to enter the giveaway in post 400! The contest ends 8-15-13. 

No comments: