Thursday, August 01, 2013

Just a Quickie

I thought I'd do a quick post, even though I'm leaving in about 15 minutes for a trip. The other day I signed up for a new test knit. The pattern will be called Quicksand and it's designed by Vicki Mikulak. I've knit for her before, her patterns are called Simpleknits designs. I really love her patterns and I don't have deadlines right now so I decided to go for it.
I got her permission to use some great handspun.

Wound it up so I was ready to go and cast on.

I've got a fair start and I love how it's working up. I think it's a very fun knit and I'm taking it as a great travel project. I'm knitting version 1 and there are 3 so definitely look for this pattern soon, I think it will be worth your time.
Don't forget to enter the blog contest on my previous post, it's open until the 15th of August.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Appropriate color for a pattern called Quicksand! Looking forward to seeing the finished project.