Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Jaywalking Pansies

I'm cruising along on my Wispy Cardi, I have about 4 inches knit down the back so far. I love it but I'm getting a little niggle in the back of my mind to knit something else. I've managed to ignore my Color Affliction Affection for over a week but I did convince myself that I should cast on my May Vesper sock. I work on it a bit here and there just to have something else to work on.

I've actually broken out of my box and I'm NOT knitting Skew this time, I decided to knit the Jaywalker pattern. I've knit it once before and amazingly still have my notes from the other time I knit it. (Post-it Notes stuck to the pattern are my friend.) I am knitting it on 1s (2.25mm) and I cast on 84 stitches, the zig zag-ing definitely pulls it in and it needs those extra stitches to get over my heel, for a sock on size 1s, I would normally cast on 64 or 72 sts. I decided not to do the ribbing that the pattern calls for, I knit a couple of rounds of garter stitch instead so it could shape to the zig zag pattern as well. The lovely Vesper yarn is a club colorway that I purchased from a destash, it's called Pansies at the Phipps. It definitely reminds me of pansies but I'm not too sure about the orange and the chartreuse. I like it but these may end up being a gift, time will tell.
This picture was really hard to take because, I had an assistant.

She casts funny shadows when she stands in the sunshine and I managed to grab my sock back before there were any teeth marks left on my needles, it wouldn't be the first time. Usually if Kiki decides she needs snuggle time, I have to put the knitting down. For now she's busy napping so I can try to get a few more rows on the Wispy Cardi tonight.

No comments: