I've been really focused with my knitting lately. I think I'm over my startitis and I've been working hard to get some of these projects done. First, the first of the Wrought Iron Socks is past the heel flap. These are toe-up with a traditional flap heel. I did an eye of partridge rather than a slip stitch heel on these, otherwise I haven't made any changes.
This picture doesn't show the patterning very well but it's as close as I've gotten to the actual color of the yarn. It's sort of sear-your-eyes-out purple and I absolutely adore it!
You can see the pattern much better in this photo. I'm really happy with the way these are turning out and I just need to keep moving with them.
I also dug out my skew sock and fixed it. I don't remember if I mentioned it but I was having some trouble with them. I started knitting them on size 0 needles. I realized partway up the foot (these are also toe-up) that they were not going to fit because the stitches on the bias stretch differently than straight knitting. I ripped it out, it wasn't a huge deal at that point and I started again on size 1 needles (2.25 mm). It was looking wonderful, fit my foot just fine and I made my way up to the point where you need to do the heel. If you have looked at this pattern you know the whole thing is an unusual construction and it was very fun figuring it all out. I, however, got past the heel and tried on the sock. It didn't fit through the heel. Too tight. I put it on timeout until I figured out what to do. It's my first time knitting this sock and I wasn't sure about adding more stitches because then the counts listed in pattern wouldn't be right so I ultimately decided to rip back (after a grafted section even) and switch to size 2 (2.75mm) needles before the heel increases and graft. I stuck with the size 2s to make sure it would fit through the leg as well.
(I cannot figure out why this picture insists on posting sideways. Very annoying) I really like how it came out! I love the look of the heel and the whole thing is so interesting and fun! The yarn is Vesper self-striping sock yarn in Witchy Woman. You can't really tell but it's neon green, black and purple stripes. The purple looks so blue in every picture I take.
I'm not thrilled with how loose the fabric on size 2s seems so I'm hoping the yarn will bloom a bit when it's blocked so it will seem less loose and holey. Overall I really like it though. I have cast on the second sock but I think I'm going to run out of yarn. I have less than half of it left so I'm scouring Ravelry to find more to make sure I can finish these socks. In the meantime I'll just keep on knitting until I run out.