Friday, January 20, 2012

Mmmm, Chock Full of Orangey Goodness

Remember that fiber that I showed off the other day?

Well, it's called Fruity Drinks by the Pool and it's from the Spunky Eclectic Club. I'm not in the club but occasionally will purchase something from a friend's destash when she isn't excited about it. This is one of those purchases. It's 60% Merino and 40% Bamboo. I think it's a lovely fiber, very silky and glides easily through your fingers to spin it. As a matter of fact, it seems to have turned into these singles.

I'm having the same issue my friend did with it though, I'm not loving the colors. I'm just not that enamored with them. The good news is, I asked a different friend, who commented on the fiber, what she'd like me to do with it. I'm going to 2-ply it for her and we will work out some sort of trade or something. Very exciting.

As I've mentioned, I've been trying to get my projects page more organized on Ravelry and have it reflect, at least in some small way, my actual projects. I think it's pretty much current right now. Sadly, the only thing I've added is socks. It's apparently all socks all the time around here. Just to prove it, here's another one.

This is the yarn. It's called Darling Clementine and it's Nom of course from the Gritty Knits Nom of the month club. It's not my favorite colors but they will be bright and soft and squishy and I think that honestly, if I'm going to stay in the Nom club, I need to knit with it once in awhile or I'm going to have a ridiculous stash of the stuff. I do love the way it's knitting up though.

As you can see (maybe) I'm into the gusset increases on the first sock. Isn't it full of delicious orangey stripes?

I've also been working on updating my stash on ravelry. I'm starting with my fiber stash only. I think I have it all updated now. At least with all the dyed fiber, although there could still be some lurking around the office, it's pretty messy in there right now. If you'd like to take a look, you can find it here. We will not mention all the undyed stuff yet right? Otherwise I might go a little bit cuckoo!

Anyway, I'm off to try to get warm and ply that Merino/Bamboo. It should be fun.

No comments: