Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beautiful Mittens Can Brighten up a Winter's Day

Well my friends, I finished the Merino/Bamboo yarn. It turned out lovely.

I love how in some places the colors matched up and in some they didn't. It turned out really neat. I'm so excited for it to go to its new home too!

I've also been working on some mittens. I just decided I needed a project other than socks and these were small and relatively quick so they were just the ticket.
A friend loaned me her copy of the Fiddlehead mittens pattern. I dug in the stash and found some wonderful yarn.

3 skeins of Alpaca and Silk from Blue Sky Alpacas in a lovely undyed color. I wound off little balls of it and dyed them, waited very impatiently for it to be dry and knit these.

The best part about them? (Other than the fact that I dyed them) is this:

You knit basically a second mitten inside the first and then turn the second one inside out inside the first, making them double layered and super warm.

I love my new mittens, they make me smile.

One more thing before I sign off for today. As many of you know, I've been working at a local craft store teaching and moderating Knit & Crochet nights for several years, I've been going through some personal things, including some depression and anxiety and I just felt like I was putting too much of myself out into the world when I need to focus on myself and getting better so, this week, I quit my job at the local craft store. It was a very hard decision because I love some of the friends I made there but I need to focus on myself and getting to a healthy place before I can focus on others. I want to try to continue to blog as my knitting and spinning often keeps me going but I will be focusing on what I need first for awhile. Thank you, gentle reader, for understanding.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Best of luck. Fiber therapy is good! Take care of yourself.