Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Goal-Setting

I keep meaning to post but the time has just slipped away these last couple of weeks.

I had a wonderful Christmas with my in-laws, then a wonderful Christmas with my family. Then a crazy busy week and a lovely quiet new year with friends.

Now, as the calendar turns, I'm starting to look forward and figure out my goals for the coming year. Some are personal and I won't share them here, some are business-related and some, well, some are meant to be shared here. They are the fiber/yarn/knitting goals.

1. I would like to be better about blogging. I'd like to post at least twice a week, more if possible. Feel free to start bugging me if you don't see anything for a bit.

2. I'd like to get my projects page updated on Ravelry. It really helps me to realize just how much I have going on if I have it all listed and pictured. I've been really bad about that lately. Within the next week, I want to get a more accurate picture of my current works-in-progress and start getting my projects page more organized.

3. I'd like to get my stash listed on Ravelry. Completely. I want to get it all more organized anyway and while I'm going through it, why not take it out and take a picture, get it listed and then I'll have a much better idea of what I have too. That will make planning projects much easier as well.

4. I've signed up for a stashdown and so I'd like to focus on not purchasing more yarn and fiber for awhile. I am still going to continue my clubs so there will be a small influx of yarn/fiber (hopefully enough to take the edge off) but I think focusing on what I have will be a great idea. I have so much waiting for my attention and some of it is lovely stuff, so there's no reason to ignore it like I have been. Let's say I will not make purchases (unless it's needed to finish a project) until Shepherd's Harvest in May. Setting that goal will (hopefully) also help me to get a little money set aside to make Shepherd's Harvest a wonderful time to purchase some fun things!

I think setting these goals and actually putting them out there for others to see will help me to stay focused on them.

Meanwhile, I'd like to show off a couple of pictures of what I just finished.

This is 4 ounces of Polwarth from CJ Kopec Creations. I actually bought it from a destash awhile ago. The other night when I needed something to spin, I went for the lovely, bright package with this in it. It was a joy to spin, quick and easy because it was so well prepped (and not by me). I got about 400 yards of 2-ply. I love it. I tried to get the colors to line up for the most part and ply with each other so in most places they do. I think it's wonderful, although bright. I have enough for nearly any one-skein project but I'm not at all sure what I'd like it to be yet.

(The color is more accurate on this second picture)
It seems so bright and too beautiful for socks. There's some wonderful project just waiting in this skein, I'm just not sure what it is. Maybe it will have to marinate for awhile until I figure it out.

In the meantime, I leave you with this:

A picture of a wonderful winter afternoon at my parents house. Hand-knit socks up on the hearth, knitting in the lap and a lovely fire. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Happy New Year to all my lovely readers!
P.S. What goals do you have this year?

No comments: