Saturday, January 14, 2012

August Socks are Finally, Officially Finished

I keep saying I will blog twice a week and then time just slips away and here I sit on a Saturday, still without a second blog post for the week. In yet another attempt to keep the habit going, let's start with a few finished things.

I've had these socks finished since August. They were my August socks after all. I forgot to take pictures of them though and so the project for them on Ravelry has been sitting neglected. Gathering internet dust as it were. Finally, in all their getting-slightly-pilly-already glory are the August Socks.

I really do like them and I think they turned out very well. If you'd like to know more about them, check out their project on Ravelry here. It will be updated with this picture and it's completed information later.

I've been focusing a lot on doing spinning lately. Almost to the exclusion of my knitting. I guess I just find the smooth feel of fiber sliding through my fingers to be so soothing, something I can almost do without looking, that I tend to get lost in it.

I finally finished plying the cursed Green and Brown Merino but it deserves it's own post. It has a whole story.

I also spun and plied a braid of pink and purplish merino that I wasn't too sure about.

I took some of the fiber out of the braid for something else and was left with some unusual colors as you can see from these singles. Pretty but unusual. I'll bet you can't wait to see how they plied up. Well, wait you will have to, the yarn isn't washed yet and I think it deserves at least that before it's blog debut.

Since I finished two spinning projects that means I get to start another right?

Mmmmm, lovely stuff, very soft and silky. Let's talk more about that later too.

No comments: