Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I have Nothing Interesting to Say Here

The last couple of days have been a bit crazy. I spent the weekend finishing up my family Christmas celebrations. We went down on Saturday and visited my grandma and then on Sunday we spent the day at my grandpa's house. It was a lovely weekend but it was not very conducive to knitting.

I have been working on getting some things done though. Here's the sweater for Critter #2 (the littlest lovely lady that I babysit for each week)

This is some Superwash Merino that her mama and I dyed at Shepherd's Harvest last year and then she spun into some lovely two-ply yarn. There's a full pound and so, when I finish the first sweater, I'll be starting on Critter #1's sweater. They are both very excited about their sweaters.
I'm on the first sleeve of this smaller one.

I would normally link to the pattern that I'm using but it's a free one on Ravelry and I don't think it's written very well. It's really more of a guideline for me so I won't encourage others to check it out. It's meant for a baby anyway and I'm knitting toddler size (by going up a couple of needle sizes, making the body and sleeves longer). The larger sweater will take some measuring and finagling before I can cast on. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I may be a little nervous that it won't come out the right size.

The Gentleman's Sock in Railway Stitch has been weighing on my mind as well. I threaded it onto waste yarn and tried it on. It's quite a bit shorter than the pattern calls for and when you stretch it to fit it around your leg, it shortens even more.

The verdict? I'm knitting more leg stitches. I'm really, really hoping I don't run out of yarn on the second sock. I think they're turning out very nice though. Although, I don't expect to have a pair of socks anytime soon.

No comments: