Friday, June 11, 2010

Wrapped up in Love

I've been so crazy busy lately, I've barely even thought about posting anything but that doesn't mean that knitting (and spinning for that matter) have not occurred.
Actually, I've been doing quite a bit of Knitting and Crocheting.

Case in point: The Red yarn thing.

Some people correctly guessed what it was. It is a Clapotis.

I used the yarn dyed by my friend for her Etsy shop. It is dangerous to be friends with her because she has this yarn and fiber lying around her house and I see it and I want to take it all home. Sometimes I can resist, sometimes not.

I knit this gorgeous thing with less than two skeins of sock weight yarn and it is PLENTY long. I can wrap it around my neck twice and the ends are very long. It was knit on size 5 needles so its not quite as wide as the pattern calls for but I think it works just fine for a wrap too. I love it. I rarely take it off now that its done and I'm taking a short break from this gorgeous red yarn to knit something else.

Um, I tried dyeing some yarn using black food coloring (with the hope that I could get something to maybe sell) and loved it so much, I may have kept it and cast it on. We'll have to talk about that another day.

No comments: