Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sleep is for Weenies

So, after the last two nights, I'm starting to think that maybe I should just give up and not sleep at all.

Sunday night, I couldn't sleep so I stayed up until 4:30 am. I finished a book, which was good but I still couldn't sleep when I got to bed. So frustrating. I ended up sleeping about 5 hours.

Then, last night I had to teach a Crochet class. I decided not to take a nap, even though I knew I might feel tired later because I wanted to be able to sleep last night.

Um, yeah, that didn't work either. I went to bed at midnight (even though I really was tired enough earlier) and woke up at 5:30 from a nightmare. Often when I have nightmares, which are sometimes extremely vivid, I need to take a few minutes and reorient myself and realize that I am awake or I end up going back to sleep and either re-entering the nightmare or having a completely different nightmare because I'm still freaked out. I got up and spent just a few minutes on the computer and tried to go back to bed. No luck, my brain kept chattering at me, like 6:00 is the time to get up and do productive things. Plus, the birds chattering outside did not help. I ended up just getting up again.

Tonight is Crochet Night so I'll be out at Crafts Direct doing my Hook Thing but I don't have any plans for tomorrow so I will be sleeping in! That's final Brain, do you hear me!

Okay, I'm going to go spend a few minutes knitting something simple. My addled brain can't take much else.

No comments: