So, as you may have noticed, I have finished stuff lately. A sweater, a shawl and a pair of felted clog slippers for my mother-in-law for Christmas. What does that mean?
It means I can start some new stuff.
Please excuse the exceptionally bad pictures. The air has been gray and dismal for a week so I am having a hard time getting decent pictures.
Here are the felted clogs I started for my dad for Christmas
This picture is really just the sole of the first one and the yarn that will be used for the top. I was almost done with the top and realized that I wasn't going to have enough so now, this green/black swirl yarn will be knit with a strand of black (the pattern calls for double stranded yarn) but that meant frogging the whole top.
Also, these are on the needles
You cannot see anything in this picture but it's Trekking XXL sock yarn that's a black or deep, deep blue and it's plied with a strand of changing color. It goes from red to kinda orange and on. It is absolutely beautiful and keeps me from going absolutely nuts knitting something that's boring because the color changes keep me totally interested.
I swear I am making progress on my earl grey/brown socks but the solid brown color means that it's so boring, I can only work a few rounds before I am completely nuts and need to work on something else. I did finish one whole sock and am past the heel turn and gusset decreases on the second but my husband has size 13 feet so it will be awhile til they are done.
One more thing. Remember the mystery pink thing? Well, it has sadly been frogged. Here is a picture prefrogging
You can't really tell anything about it but it is pink. What I did was make the diamond pattern from the 365 days of knitting patterns calendar (can you tell that I just got it this last year and am finding all kinds of great patterns in it?) and made it increase on each side. I had two skeins of the same exact yarn that were in the stash. They are old, they came from my grandma and I knew I couldn't get more so I started with one stitch and increased to the almost end of the one skein and then modified it and decreased supposedly with enough yarn to finish the diamond shape. Get it, a big diamond made of little diamonds. The plan was that I would then use another color to make a border around it. I ran out of yarn with about 50 stitches left on the needle. I couldn't believe it. I was so sick of it and I so wanted to be done. I had been working on it for weeks almost solely to get it done. I was in denial and tried to find some yarn that was similar. I couldn't find anything anywhere and so, finally, I admitted defeat and frogged it. Sad but true. Oh well, back to the grind. I'm pretty sure I will survive.