Saturday, July 21, 2007

Whew, it's coming along

Well, I am doing okay on my Mystery Stole. It's actually very pretty.

The yarn itself is a sort of off-white color like a natural unbleached white and the bead I am using are an iridescent green. Kind of a lime green.


I just finished clue #2 and let me tell you that it was quite an adventure. I had finished clue #1 earlier and started clue #2. Then I found a mistake way back and couldn't fix it without ripping.


I frogged the whole thing and started over. Now I use a lifeline. (That's the dark line you see toward the needles.)


I like the pattern a lot. Even though it's quite a challenge for me and probably not something I would jump into unknowing again until I am more experienced at lace knitting. It's so soft and gorgeous that I can't wait until it's finished and I can wear it. Even if I don't have anywhere fancy to wear it, I am looking forward to the possibility.


Clue #4 is out and Clue #5 won't be posted for two weeks so hopefully, I will be able to catch up. I just have to get through 3 and 4. Four is actually two charts so it's almost like 2 clues. Hopefully, I will be able to not mess up horribly again.
Next post, the things I am neglecting in order to knit this lace.

No comments: