Saturday, June 15, 2013

Focus, I Think

The last couple of days I've really been focusing on my Color Affection, trying to get it finished. I love it and I've really enjoyed knitting it but the rows are long again and I'm just emotionally done with it.
The three-color stripes in short rows don't go all the way across the length, there's a small section at the side where they don't cover it. I decided that I would keep going with the short rows since I have plenty of yarn left and finish off those last stitches. I'm really not sure why I decided to do that. Maybe because it feels more finished if I short-row all the stitches. Maybe because I'm punishing myself for some unknown wrong I did somewhere in my life.
Who can tell. Anyway, I've been trying to get myself to work on it but I keep getting discouraged and finding myself just holding it and not knitting it.

I still think the colors are really great and I love how they play together, I'm just ready for it to be done. They sure look cute in my Stitched by Jessalu Doctor Who bag though don't they?
I really had to squish the cakes to get them in there but they fit very well now that they're partly used.

I guess I know what my weekend plans are; get this bad boy done!

1 comment:

JennaKate said...

I love that you're emotionally done with the shawl. That's exactly how I feel about projects sometimes! Keep plugging away, you'll be done soon!