Saturday, September 15, 2012

Skyp-ing is Finished

I spent some time working on my Skyp socks while I was out of town this week and lo and behold, they got finished! It's amazing how if you work on something it gets done.
I think they turned out very well.

The Specs:
The Yarn: nom from Gritty Knits in the June 2012 club colorway: Dusk
The Needles: US 2 DPNs (2.75mm)
The Pattern: Skyp Socks by Adrienne Ku
The Modifications: At first, I tried to knit them exactly to pattern but I had some trouble getting the pattern to line up after the heel on the first sock because you leave some stitches unworked at the end of the round before the heel flap. I chose not to figure it out and fix it, I just kept going and didn't both to leave those unworked stitches on the second sock.
The Notes: Lovely yarn to work with, although it's definitely too warm for them just yet, my feet were sweating like crazy while I had them on (for those 2 minutes) to take photos. These will be going into the Christmas box I think, to become a gift.
There's also a bunch of leftover yarn.

It may not look like much but this is 46 grams of yarn! I think I may do some hexipuffs and then attempt to knit a pair of children's socks. We'll see if I get that ambitious.

I think this is the last thing I had with a real deadline so it's all about what I want to knit for awhile. I'm very excited about that! Although, I should think about working on those couple of projects I am planning to knit for Christmas.

No comments: