Monday, April 06, 2009

Still Spinning

it all up on that second day and
Something about spinning just clicked for me last week. A lot like how knitting clicked for me I think.
After I spun up that first little skein, which turned out pretty well I think, for a first try. I had a little roving leftover from my thrummed mittens (which aren't technically done I guess) but this was leftover from the first mitten. I absolutely love the colors in it so I wanted to try spinning that.

It was coming out pretty well on the spindle so I was super excited. I spun up that piece all that day and plied it. Navajo ply again, to try to keep the colors together.

Here's the little skein I ended up with. It still has some places where the yarn is a little thinner or thicker than other places but I think that's one of the great things about handspun. I also noticed while editing this picture that it's a little blurry (excited much?).

Well, I loved that little skein so much with the pretty colors and all that I had to knit it up. So, I made a little swatch.

I love it so much, I would like to shove it down my shirt and just carry it with me everywhere. I just used the One Row Handspun scarf pattern from the Yarn Harlot and just knit all the yarn up.

Then, I decided to spin up all the rest of the roving from that first skein. I'll talk about that tomorrow.

I'm trying to still work a few rows of Aeolian in every day but honestly, everything else has been pushed aside so I can spin. Wow is it fun.

No comments: