Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back to Sock Knitting

Ahh, it feels good to get back to my old standby, knitting socks. I don't know why but I have spent some time away from them, it was a kind of hiatus but they really are the perfect travel project, light and simple enough to not always need a pattern but difficult enough to keep my interest.

These are a joint project between myself and my mom. She bought the yarn and I'm knitting the socks they are for a very close family friend who has always admired my sock-knitting, I'm very excited for them to get finished and be gifted to her.

Here is the first one. It's a yarn I haven't tried before, it's Plymouth Yarn Sockin' Sox. It was fairly inexpensive, about $11.00 for a ball and it's 60% superwash wool, 25% bamboo and 15% nylon. It's pretty soft and smooth and I think the colors are beautiful.

I immediately cast on the second sock so as to avoid the Second Sock Syndrome but promptly set it down so that I could spin. I may be addicted. More about that later.

No comments: