Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Socks are flying off my needles

Lately I've had this sort of project angst. I get bored with everything. Maybe partially because I feel guilty when I'm knitting that I'm not unpacking. It doesn't make me unpack any more but it does make me feel bad that I'm not unpacking. What's the solution? Start a bunch of new pairs of socks of course.

Let's start with these:
The yarn is Plymouth Yarns Happy Feet and I love, love, love it. The pattern is Emily's Socks from 2-at-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. I tried to do socks two on one circular but it didn't work for me. Maybe if I can try another needle a different time, it will work but for now, no. The pattern is written for children but I sized it up to fit my clodhoppers. I wasn't sure about the color of the yarn but it looks beautiful in this pattern and now, means something to me.
While knitting these socks, my beloved Hero died.
He was fifteen years old and sick so it's good that he's in a better place but it still hurts and it still sucks. I miss him every day. But, he died while I was knitting these socks with the rainbow yarn.
Check out this to understand http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm so now they are my Hero socks.
I can't talk about that anymore so let's move on. To Christmas presents. Yes, I'm planning ahead. Last year I finished the last project on Christmas Eve morning and while I could totally see myself doing it again, I'd rather not. So, Here are the Waffley Goodness socks

These are knit of Alpaca Sock Yarn and they are for my Mother-in-Law for Christmas. I think they are really beautiful and soft and I hope she will like them a lot.
I went to a movie with some friends last weekend. Babylon A.D. with Vin Diesel. It was only okay but I did manage to get some knitting done in the theater on these:
They are just a basic ribbed sock knit in Regia. they are intended for my dad and I know he will like them. I knit him socks last year for Christmas and he wears them every Sunday for Church.
I have one other pair of socks lying around but I'm not really sure what to do with them.
The last time I stopped into my LYS I picked up some Maizy sock yarn to try it out. It's nice and I like the yarn but I'm not thrilled with how it's knitting up in these basic toe-up socks so I think a good frogging is in order and a new pattern needs to be chosen.
Well, that's pretty much it for now. I'd better go and get some unpacking done today.

No comments: