Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sweater bliss

Well, last night while watching Heroes I finally finished my Sienna Cardigan
I am in love with it!
All that was left was to sew on the buttons so it was about time that I finished it. It's really soft and nice. The only thing I changed about the pattern (aside from the yarn used) was that I added ribbing to the end of the sleeves.

I also finished and blocked my Fir Cone Wrap
It's beautiful.

It did shrink a little, but it's still pretty much the length of my wingspan. (That's about 64")
It's made of JoAnn Sensations Dolcetto yarn. It's purple/pink colorway and it's very pretty. I washed it in the washer and then pinned it out to block it. Like I said, it did shrink a bit in the washer, but it's still nice.
I made up the pattern. It's based off of the Fir Cone Lace Pattern in the 365 Knitting Patterns calendar. I also knit each point individually so they would match the pattern and then crocheted an edge around it to help keep it flat.
These pictures don't do justice to the color (especially since it's another grey icky day today) but trust me, it's nice.
Tomorrow, I'll tell you about the little sweater I'm knitting

1 comment:

VeganCraftastic said...

I love your cardigan, very pretty!