Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Wolkig in a Handy Set

I keep meaning to get here and post something and then I was having issues with my pictures uploading and the weather has been that sort of rainy gray we get in the fall so I couldn't get any decent pictures anyway. Basically I've been a hot mess lately. But I have been finishing things.

I finished my purse socks which look a little goofy because they're afterthought heel socks. Which means for me they don't sit very nicely when laid flat but they fit your feet just fine. I don't really count purse socks as a project because they just kind of hang out and get worked on whenever until they're done. These actually ended up being afterthought heels, which isn't my favorite heel, because I was out of the house and didn't want to bother trying to knit a heel so I just stuck in some waste yarn and kept going.
I think these will go in the Christmas gift box because I finished them the day this arrived.

A new skein of the exact same yarn. I really enjoyed knitting it and had several family members request the socks so I purchased another skein of the same yarn when it was available. It will likely hang out for awhile though. I'm in no rush to knit the same socks quite so soon.
As a part of my dig-out-and-finish-UFOs project, I also dug out my Wolkig cowl. (I promise it's not this vibrant, it was the light. If you check out my ravelry project page, the picture of the yarn is much more color accurate)

I stopped originally because I decided that rather than using the whole skein for the cowl, I could knit some short little fingerless mitts to match the cowl. But I wasn't sure what pattern to use or how I wanted to do that. I decided it couldn't be that hard to figure something out. So a little finagling and I had these.

Some little fingerless mitts to match. They really don't look like much do they?

Just a bit of twisty knitting. But when I put them on, they're very cute and match the cowl well.

I did decide to make the garter sections twist in the opposite direction because I'm complicated like that. You can read my project page on Ravelry for these mitts to get the directions on how I knit them.
I'm glad I finished them when I did because the weather has turned cooler and much more fall so I'm ready to cozy up with knits.
The UFO bin is looking a little sparse (there are definitely still things in it, just not as many) and I'm not sure if I will continue with the finishing project or start something new because I'm getting the "new project" itch.

No comments: