Thursday, October 11, 2018

Speedy Socks

So far, I have valiantly resisted casting on something new. Except this purse sock.

That's really only because I finished the other purse socks.
I can't believe how fast these are going. I worked on them for less than a day and I was past the heel turn. Of course, after that they got shoved into my purse and ignored for the last several weeks so they aren't too much farther than this. I don't feel like I had that much knitting time over that day either, but they seemed to fly along. Maybe because I'm knitting them on 1s rather than the 0s I was using for the Vesper socks.
I've got a big fiber weekend planned and I'm hoping these will get some more progress. Even though they're the most "boring" of the projects I've packed, I would like to tuck them into the Christmas box so I would like to get them done so they're off my mind.
You'll notice that the photo of these socks is in the nice, sunny grass. It isn't like that anymore. It's been gray and rainy all week and this morning I had to scrape snow and ice off my car before I could drive to work. Not the ideal way to start your day in October. Perfect weekend to have a trip that involves plenty of outdoor time right?
Not so much but I'm going anyway. More on that next week when I'm back and hopefully relaxed and refreshed from an unplugged weekend away.

No comments: