Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tropical Bird

I've been having fun digging out old UFOs and working on them. Since they're already partly finished, it makes it quicker to get them done. I finished a few things that need blocking before I share them but in the meantime, I can share something I've been working on that I'm really enjoying.
I fell in love with the Pincha Shawl pattern on Knitty from the first time I saw it, but I tried it in several different yarns and I just couldn't find the right one.
Eventually, they got ripped and the yarn was shoved back into the stash. Finally, I got the idea to try it with some self-striping yarn. I have a good deal of it since I've been in love with Vesper for ages and have been buying it faster than I can knit it. So I chose a skein I knew I wouldn't like as socks but that I thought would be fun as this shawl.
I find the pattern to be pretty fiddly to knit as I have to pay close attention but I absolutely love how it's coming out!

It reminds me of the feathers of a tropical bird. I'm trying to knit one "feather" a day and the original pattern calls for a total of 12 feathers. I will continue if I have more yarn which I'm not sure about at this point. But hopefully, I will be able to dress as a tropical bird in the near future. That should be a nice addition to a winter wardrobe which will combat the dreary gray days nicely.

No comments: