Thursday, August 30, 2018

Maple Leaf

After the great feeling of accomplishment when I finished my Find Your Fade, I decided to take out another languishing project and get it finished.
I dug around until I found my Maple Leaf Knit Shawl.
Thankfully, I was also able to find the original printed pattern where I had marked every row I had done. So I was able to pick it up again and get going on it.
It wasn't long until I was ready to finish it.
Doesn't look like much right off the needles though.
I should say this isn't directly off the needles. I also wove in the ends. ALL the ends. There were a lot. I had been doing a few as I went along but the end of the last three points led to a total of 25 ends to be woven in. That was not my favorite part!

So I dug out my blocking boards and after a good soak, pinned it to within an inch of its life.

I love blocking, it's like a special kind of magic.
The best part though, is when you get to unpin it and enjoy it!

So pretty and just perfect to finish now as we head into fall.
I'm not entirely thrilled with the gradient but that's my own fault because I decided to use all of the first color and then guessed at where to start the third. But it looks like a colorful leaf so that's what I was going for.

I wonder what other projects I can find to finish.

No comments: