Thursday, August 23, 2018

Just a Small Hello

2018 Tour de Fleece was a complete bust for me. With all the family things going on, which involved lots of travel, I just didn't get much done.
I literally did not finish one braid of fiber. It's sad but it was what needed to happen this year. Hopefully, I will have a chance to rock the tour next year.
Instead of dwelling on how frustrated I am about not getting any new handspun from this year's tour, I have been in the mood to finish things. It doesn't come around very often, new projects are much more exciting than boring old projects but I dug around in my current UFOs pile and came up with several things I hope to finish.
The first was my Find Your Fade and I'm happy to report that I did finish that. It's huge and cozy and I love it already, although I haven't blocked it or taken any photos yet. I'm very glad I wove in the ends as I went because that meant when I cast off on Sunday afternoon, I had only one end to weave in, the very last one. And I took it to Knit Night. It turned out to be perfect timing because we sat under an air conditioner vent and it was freezing at Knit Night! I was so glad to have my cozy Fade to wrap around me.
There's several other things waiting for my attention and I'm working on a couple of them already so hopefully I will have some lovely new things to show soon.
In the meantime, I thought it was a good idea to at least get a post up to show that I'm still here, still knitting and still planning some cozy fall projects.

No comments: