Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Tour de Fleece 2018

Things are a bit rough right now as my husband and I deal with some heavy family stuff. I don't really want to go into details here but suffice to say that I'm spending much of my time driving back and forth to his family. 
I am trying to participate in the Tour de Fleece this year though so Saturday morning when I got up I wiped down my wheel, cleaning off at least a year's worth of dust and dirt and re-oiled it then prepped my fiber and started to spin this lovely bit of business that has been in my stash for ages.

It's Freckle Face Fibers Superwash BFL in Guinevere. I purchased it from someone's destash years ago and it has been languishing ever since. partly because I am not particularly fond of spinning BFL anymore. I liked it when I was first starting and the longer staple length made for easier spinning but I tend to make it too dense now and I'm always disappointed by the yardage I get. Since this is Superwash I decided to give it a try anyway and split the braid lengthwise, then drafted one of the balls I wound up from the split and started spinning. I'm thinking it will make beautiful socks and I am hoping for something that will work to knit into socks. We'll see how it shapes up.
The biggest trouble for me right now is time. When I am at home I'm often too tired to do anything more than wash my face and collapse into bed. But I am trying to find a few minutes to spin here and there. And maybe that's all my goal needs to be this year, just try to find a few minutes for spinning each day.

No comments: