Thursday, November 08, 2012

Sideways (and not in a good way)

Last week things went a little bit sideways for me and they haven't completely righted themselves. I'm on Jury duty in my county for three month. October, November and December. I got called up for a jury and spent 4 days last week at the courthouse listening, taking notes and filling my head up with information. Afterward, I felt like a large semi had hit me. I was emotionally and physically drained. Then there was this time change and all this grey, dark weather. I'm finally starting to get back into a routine but my knitting (and really my mental capacity) suffered. I got a little bit farther on a couple of things and had to rip out something else but what has really helped me has been my spinning. First, I finished the commissioned spinning and delivered it to the friend who asked for it. She loved it! I'm so glad, it was a joy to spin (although the end did slog a bit) and I totally forgot to take pictures of the finished yarn so maybe she will take some and share them with me.

Then, I decided to do a little practicing for a spinning project I'd like to start next. I took out a lovely 4 ounce braid of BFL/silk from Funky Carolina. The colorway is called Sprites and I am in total and complete love with it. I purchased it from a destash more than a year ago and I wasn't sure what I wanted  to spin it into but with the lovely silk content, I decided that I wanted to spin some lace weight. I have half of the 4 ounces done, and so far, I am in total and complete love with it!

Here it is. I can't believe how fine I'm able to get it and I think it will make a wonderful 2-ply. Half is on this first bobbin and today, while I hang out with a sick little critter (who is staying home from preschool with a fever), I'm working on the other half. I'm hoping to finish and ply before the end of the weekend and have some lovely yarn to share next week but we'll see, I'm still putting my house back in order. The handsome hubby hasn't been feeling too well himself so he hasn't been much help.

No comments: