Thursday, November 29, 2012

Finishing and Christmas Knitting


I keep meaning to post again but I sort of flamed out on re-entry. We were gone for the Thanksgiving weekend. Four days of food, family and fun but right after getting over being sick, it was pretty draining. I finished my test-knit.

The Coboda Hatt and Mitts set from the Simple Knits blog, look for it to come out soon. I really like it and it was a very quick and easy knit. As much as I like it though, I'm going to be reasonable and put them on the Christmas pile. I'm pretty sure I know who these will go to and I can always knit another set if I decide I need some.

That means, Christmas knitting is in full swing around here. I cast on the Cool Beans socks again. This time from the toe-up and with some concentration, I'm making good progress.

I think it will be easier to make sure they fit by working them from the toe-up.

I also cast on a pair of plain ribbed socks. The yarn is striping in a really odd way so I may overdye them when I'm done, we'll see.

They'll be for some male in the family but I'm not entirely sure which one yet. I will have to decide when I get farther down the sock and need to decide where to start the toe.

I've got a few other small projects planned but I'm keeping it reasonable and planning to buy a few gifts this year. How about you? How are your Christmas Lists shaping up?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh. Those ribbed socks are slightly odd, aren't they? Is that a big box yarn? Sometimes I wonder if those companies check to see how their yarns look knitted up.