Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Finished Socks, When It's too Hot to Wear Them

Thank you to everyone who left the wonderful comments on my last post about me blogging about cooking. It seems to be a general consensus that I can blog about whatever I would like. I'm glad to know what others think. I'm planning a few food blog posts now but in the meantime, I'll keep it up with the knitting and spinning talk.

I've been trying to do some more spinning lately and it's going very well. I'm still working on my Grinchy Idea fiber though so nothing new there.

I decided it was sort of sad that I don't have any sweaters with any red in them and I tend to wear red quite a bit so I cast something on but I will save that for another day.

Today, I have an actual finished object. It's shocking isn't it? I feel like it has been so long since I've had a finished object. I'm really excited about these too.


Here are my Hermione's Everyday socks.
I originally heard about this pattern on Round the Twist with Carin. I was excited to learn it was a free pattern and looked it up almost immediately. It's a very simple texture pattern and it is easy to zone out while knitting it but it keeps you interested too. I really love the way it looks in this yarn.

The Specs:
The Pattern: Hermione's Everyday Socks
The Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet Color 5 (Which I call Berries)
The Needles: US 2 (2.75mm)
The Modifications: I added my own heel (Eye of partridge) and toe but knit the number of leg repeats recommended by the pattern, which is longer than I would normally knit a sock leg.
Notes: A lovely pattern that I will definitely knit again.

Unfortunately these socks are finished just in time for the weather to get hot and make me wonder why I'm knitting socks.

No comments: