Saturday, August 08, 2009

Lucky Day

I seem to be getting worse and worse at this blogging thing. Life just keeps getting in the way, I guess. I have a finished object that I've been wanting to share though so I've got to get a move on! Here we go.

Presenting the Shamrock Doily.

The specs:
The Pattern: Shamrock Doilies from Crochet World Magazine, February 2009
The Yarn: Aunt Lydia's Crochet Cotton (Size 10) in Frosty Green, 1 ball.
The Hook: Size 7 Steel Crochet Hook (1.65mm)
The Recipient: I was curious about the way this pattern worked so I wanted to make it, unsure of what I would do with the finished object. Now a friend has purchased a new table and is looking for something to decorate it. Guess where this is going?
Notes: This doily is crocheted very interestingly. Each individual outside doily is made separately and they are connected on the last round of each. I found this technique very interesting and sturdier than I thought it would end up being. I loved this pattern and would probably crochet it again but not right away, as I am sick of sagey green yarn.
The pattern also called for 2 balls of cotton and I did not even use up the first, I still have a good amount left so I'm not sure why it called for so much.
To add a personal touch to it, I made one shamrock a four-leaf shamrock and just like a real one, you have to look for it.
This picture turned out horrible but I had to find some way to show it off, so here you go:

The one four-leaf shamrock.

Next time, I'll share what I was doing down at my parent's house for over a week.

No comments: