Sunday, March 09, 2008

Neverending socks

Did you ever see that movie "The Neverending Story"? I feel like my socks are neverending. I'm trying to stick to it and luckily I love the yarn but quite frankly, I'm getting pretty sick of them. They are the Schaefer Anne socks. I started the one at the toe and worked it to past the heel.

Picture a photo of a sock just past the heel here.

Then I took the other end of the yarn and started the other sock.

Picture a photo of two socks worked just past the heel.

I worked both of them alternating back and forth until they were just about to hit the calf muscle. Then I started thinking about it and put the one on a piece of waste yarn to try it on. I realized that I would have to increase if I wanted to have it fit my calf. I increased two stitches on each needle for two rounds (so a total of 16 stitches increased) and changed to 2x2 rib. I thought that if I changed to ribbing that when I ran out of yarn that they would have a better chance of staying up even if it was on the middle of the calf muscle. Now, I'm trying to just keep working them until I run out of yarn.

It's taking awhile. I do a round here and another round there and once in awhile I sit down and work on it for awhile. It's still taking awhile. I feel like I have been working on these socks forever.

What else. I frogged the Feather and Fan socks because they weren't going to fit. I love that STR yarn and I want to do something special with it but I haven't figured out what yet. I guess I'm just going to have to take some time one day and look through my patterns to see what I want to make.

I am getting close to done with the Tiger Eyes socks. They require a lot more focus though so I haven't been working on them much. I think if I took one day and just sat down for an hour or two and worked on them that they would be done. Now, I just need to find a couple of hours one day. hee hee.

Not much else is going on. Hubby and I have been busy rehearsing for the play. That's what has been taking up most of my time. One day I'll get some more pictures for you too.

No comments: