Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Finishing Continues

I've been continuing to work on current projects in the hope of finishing some things up before the new month starts and the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup term. 
I finished my Citron and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This is knit in the Lettuce color of Malabrigo Lace yarn. 
I mostly found it frustrating to work on because the yarn was so fine and easy to split that I couldn't work on it while reading because I had to make sure I wasn't losing stitches. I had to pay close attention while watching TV too. I do think it's lovely though and soft so it will be nice as the weather cools to wrap it around my neck. 
I did weave in the ends but I haven't blocked it and I likely won't for now but will just wear it as is.
I also finished a pair of socks. These are knit from Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight. This is the only skein of Socks that Rock lightweight that I had and I put off knitting with it for a long time because I just wasn't thrilled with the way it worked up. There was something about the yellow, green and brown that didn't appeal to me. I've been knitting with lots of fine yarns too so it was a little odd for me to knit with a thicker yarn but it was fun and fast. These are knit in the Monkey pattern but without purls. I don't think the experience with this yarn will stop me from purchasing more in the future  since it comes in such beautiful colors.
I'm itching to start about 6 new things though. Not the least of which are these two lovely skeins that I got to knit the Wonder Woman Wrap. It's really hard to wait until the end of the month, even though I have plenty of projects on the needles that are still waiting for my attention. 
Here's hoping I can hold off! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those look very close to the colors I'm using for my shawl. It's a really fun knit!