Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sometimes I Really Do Knit

Oh, that's right. This is meant to be a knitting blog. Although I do like to include some of my other interests too, the main thing I usually focus on is my knitting and spinning. 
It's the Tour de Fleece and I haven't been spinning as much as I would like but it have been trying to sneak in a little spinning every day. I did manage to spin this loveliness. 
This is a skein of English Shetland in Picses from Zarzuela's fibers. Sadly she doesn't dye anymore. This is from when I was in her club a few years ago. I spun it nice and easy straight from the braid just allowing it to be whatever it wanted then chain-plied it. It came out to be a nice bulky weight and softened nicely in the wash.
I love the variety of blues and I was thinking of knitting a nice hat with this. Maybe with some hand-processed local gray Shetland. I haven't quite decided yet.
I also managed to finish these.
Aren't they amazingly bright? They're so happy! I bought this yarn from our yarn shop hop the day of the Zombie Knitpocalypse market. Wait, did I ever share my stash acquisitions from that? 
There they are. So many yummy things. I was dying to cast on the neon yarn so I knit these super simple short socks and I just adore them. I should be able to get another pair out of that skein so my plan is to knit it up then I can feel justified ordering another skein of neon yarn. It's a really fun summer knit and there was a skein of the Regia neons that did catch my eye. 

No comments: