Thursday, June 12, 2014

Handspun Undyed


I'm sorry for the radio silence the last week and a half dear readers. I have had a pretty awful time. My dear cat Kiki ran away and I haven't found her. It's been over a week and my heart is broken with worry. That's not something I normally talk about here (you don't really need to know just how much of a crazy cat lady I really am) but I felt you deserved some kind of explanation.*
In between searching frantically, sobbing uncontrollably and calling people in a panic I would sit down and try to calm down by spinning. I've been spinning the 4 ounce ball of roving I got from Shepherd's Harvest this year from Riverwinds Farm. It's undyed cormo and it's amazing. About 3/4 of the way through it I realized I still had a ball of roving sitting here from the year before (or possibly before that. The wool fumes get to you, I can't remember exactly when it was from.) I decided to spin that too and ply them together. I did. It all came out to be a very nice light fingering weight yarn.

It's a two-ply and I really love it. I have no idea what it will be but it's so beautiful and plain and simple. It really makes my heart (at least a little bit) happy.
Although it hadn't yet had it's bath here, I did wash it now and it didn't plump too much so I'm a little bit disappointed with myself because I didn't even end up with 800 yards. With 8 ounces. I love it anyway and I look forward to knitting with it.

*My dear girl isn't fixed so at this point I'm hoping she is just overrun with little kitty hormones and will still come home. I have to believe that so I don't lose my ever-loving mind.

No comments: