Monday, October 21, 2013

It Has Sleeves

I took a quick break from my current projects to knit up something quick to turn in for the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup. I had been wanting to try something similar for awhile anyway so in just a couple of days I whipped up this Starfish dishcloth.

I have a friend who we call Starfish and he's been frustrated with everything lately so I gave it to him to cheer him up, now I just need to turn it in for a class in the HPKCHC group.
I've mostly been working away on my Monday Morning Cardigan though and I love how you can actually see the progress now.
 
In the picture you can see where the skeins change but it's much less noticeable in real life and I like it quite a lot. You can't really see how far I've come though, how about now?

That's right! It has sleeves! I'm working up the yoke now. I took a short break from the body and knit both sleeves, then finished the body and last night I attached them and started working the yoke. I like it so far, although the rows are really long with the sleeves attached so I'm really looking forward to the decrease rows. Our knitter trip is coming up this weekend so in just a few days, I'm not sure if this will be done or not but I'm looking forward to trying. I'll also be processing some apples this week that my lovely husband brought home from my Mother-in-law. I'm so looking forward to the smell of delicious apple pie filling cooking and then canning. It's gonna be a great week!

No comments: