Friday, August 05, 2011

Vacation. Well, sort of.

Thoroughly stressed and overly busy has made me a bit of a crab lately so I decided it was time to head down to my mom's for a few days. I just needed a break and it was a great opportunity. I had just finished up working at Vacation Bible School for my church and Knit & Crochet night was off because they were remodeling the coffee shop. I had several days of nothing stretching before me. What did I do? I filled 'em up!

First let's talk knitting. I managed to finish my Camp Loopy socks before I left but I was so anxious to get going that I didn't blog them or anything until long after I'd been back. Here they are in all their glory:

Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug 400 in Purple Passion 171.
Pattern: Eunice by Cookie A. From her book: Sock Innovation
Needles: US size 1.5s
Recipient: Me! I'm not giving these lovely things away.
Notes: I added a third chart repeat to the leg, making them longer than the pattern called for, I was a little worried about having enough yarn because of this but I had plenty left. There is a correction to the heel flap chart so if you have the book and knit the socks from it, look it up. Otherwise, I love the pattern, it was a challenge to do some of the cabling but they turned out so lovely.

Closeup? Why, of course!

As you can see, there's some lace and lots of lovely cables in this sock. It's not for the new knitter but if you have an adventurous spirit and love socks, these are for you.

I have already chosen the pattern for my third project and ordered it. I will tell more about that later, when it arrives.

Now you want to hear more about my trip to my mom's?

This was Saturday. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

No comments: